Saturday 24 November 2012

Talent

Do you ever have one of those moments when you realize you're good at something? I don't mean just good, I mean really good, like exceptionally, amazingly, fantastically good.

That's how I feel about my writing right now.

I've always been good at English, it's just one of my strong suits. I have a way with words, especially poetry and short stories. But lately I've been noticing that my other stuff is good too, like my essays and even my response questions. And it feels good to recognize this talent.

In all honesty, it feels good to feel good about something.

I'm just really happy. And I like it. A lot.

And my English teacher would totally kick me in the shin in the food court of a crowded mall for saying a lot, but right now, I'm too blissful to care.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." -Dalai Lama XIV

(In case anyone was wondering, I get most of my lovely quotes from here: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes )

No comments:

Post a Comment